Imagine being on a marathon for the last couple of days or so and then you schedule a post and realise the post didn't go up. Dang!!!!! Pardon my French.
How are you all doing this lovely day. I've being itchy to get this post out as this is one post that I'm so in my element. If you know me you will know that when it comes to colours I'm a straight jacket. I do blacks, whites, nudes and blush. That said I'm not averse to colour.
My dad was my achille's heel when it came to black, cos at the university he thought I was into a group since all my outfits were black. I'm going to tell you guys some of the reasons I always wore black and why black is the colour to have.
I also remember that black had always been a colour that signified evil or sorcery and was the significant outfit for mourning. I agree but 'helluuur, I beg to differ', because this colour you see right here is a life saver. When Coco Chanel baptised her collection "the little black dress" and " the little black jacket" recently the subject theme at Saatchi Gallery (you go girl) she was obviously a visionary and a rebel and I love rebels. I'm one too. hahaha. W all know the story of this iconic woman and the path she has paved for Fashion & Style.
"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy, but mysterious. But above all black says this I don't bother you, don't bother me" - Yohji Yamamoto
For me when it comes to black the attraction is so difficult to ignore. See and visualise so many outfits that black could do for me; like I said earlier, it was and is my mantra at the university cos
1. It was such an easy colour to wear with anything. I could wear the same dress for a week and no one would notice as I'd just change my shoes and accessories and have a different look.
2. The colour for me was very mysterious. I remember then a couple of guys found it difficult to approach me as they couldn't just fathom what I was all about and I had this demeanour of a never smiling girl and usually focused with what I had to do and where I was going.
3. It's a figure flattering colour cos no matter your shape, the colour camouflages well. Any sisters in the house agree with me? haha and stains didn't stand a chance with this colour. How dare they??
4. It's a colour that helps you blend in whatever the occasion. It could be business or casual, you'd still win.
5. It helps you experiment with crazy fabric. 🖐 I am a fabric buff, I actually go fabric hunting so I'm a living testimony hehehe.
6. You always look kind of dressed up even when it's not much. Anyone remember Angelina Jolie and the H&M dress? Exactly
And finally Black is fashion. All haute couture houses and retail stores all fall in on this colour. Whatever the time and season, you'll find yourself a little black dress, pants, jacket. You name it.
In today's post, I'm wearing a body styled here, similar here with this beautiful chiffon slit skirt. Accessories were this lovely beaded belt which I've had for years and I'd been meaning to throw it away till this post (imagine my good fortune) and a pair of yellow pumps by Burton of London that cute black purse gifted by hubby. Jewelry by Juliettsstyleglam.
What do you think of this colour? Moi je l'adore beacoup pour lacher and on this not hunnies, have a great week.